My little guy turned five months old four days ago! He entered the Four Month Sleep Regression about two weeks ago. The major changes for him were:
- Being extremely hard to transfer to the crib. While he used to self settle upon waking when I put him down, he know cries. I have spent up to an hour try to get him to settle.
- Waking more frequently during the night. For a few days it was every two hours. Now, he wakes frequently from 6:30 p.m. till midnight, but then gives me a good stretch of 6 hours.
I have read that the key to battling through this regression is consistency, consistency, consistency! So, I am trying not to make any changes to his routine and just putting in the time to resettle him.
Because I keep his routine fluid based on his waking and sleeping rhythms, the following is just a sample schedule:
- 5 a.m. wake to eat
- 5:30 a.m. back to bed
- 7:30 a.m. awake for the day
- 9:00 a.m. feed
- 10:30 a.m. nap (for 45 min to 1 hour)
- 1 p.m. feed
- 1:30 p.m. nap (for 1 to 2 hours)
- (4:30 p.m. nap if the previous nap is short)
- 5 p.m. feed
- 6:30 p.m. cluster feed and bed
He usually wakes about 10 and I put him back down. He might do the same at 11 as well. I don’t usually feed him until 12 or 12:30 unless he is asking!
What are your current schedules?